|Name||:||Dr. R. Mahendran|
|Designation||:||Associate Professor and Head|
|Email ID||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Specialization||:||Non thermal food processing technologies|
Mahendran has acquired his graduation in B. Tech (Chemical Engineering) and M. Tech (Industrial Biotechnology) from SASTRA University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu, and Ph.D. in Food Process Engineering from Tamilnadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, India. Prior to his association with Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, he worked as Production Officer (May 2005 to May 2006) in Fermentation Department of M/s. Krebs Biochemicals and Industries Ltd. Nellore, Andhra Pradesh and also worked as Scientist (May 2006 to Aug 2010) in TIFAC/ Department of Science and Technology, Government of India at New Delhi.
Current Research Focus
- Non-thermal atmospheric plasma technology
- Food structure – 2D to 3D
- Digital Image Processing
- Thermal and Nonthermal food preservation techniques
- Emerging techniques in Food Processing
- Nondestructive quality evaluation techniques
- Unit operations in food process engineering
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Design of food processing equipments
- Smart warehouses with Application of Frontier EM & Electronics based TechnologY (S.A.F.E2.T.Y.)
- Design and Development of Nonthermal plasma system for liquid food sterilization
- Development of atmospheric pressure plasma system for surface sterilization of food products
- Development of low-pressure Non-thermal plasma system.
- Development of a computer vision system for automatic grading and sorting of India specific fruits and Vegetables.
- Life Member of The Institution of Engineers, AFSTI, ISTE, ISC, IIChE, ISAE and ISFE